HOME ABOUT FAQ SHOP CONTACT HOME

How To Remove Contact Lenses


The other week I did a post on how to put in contact lenses (I don't wear them unless I feel like changing things up, and had no idea what I was doing before, hence the post!) However I didn't think to explain how to get them out! So here are my tips on getting the pesky buggers out! 

Firstly, don't panic! If you got it in your eye, it is only logical that you will be able to get it out. But approach the situation calmly. Also ensure that your hands are clean and dry and your nails don't have cracked edges (sounds silly but honestly it's important!)


Look up - or to the side - and position the contact lens on the white part of the eye, sliding it across using the forefinger. Pinch the contact lens gently between the thumb and forefinger. (This is why long nails can be a liability)


Place the lens on tray to be cleaned and repeat the process for other lens, then give your eyes a chance to recover. Maybe lie down and close your eyes (crying is also good!) or pop some drops in. All depends what you have time for. 

Do you have any tips? 


3 comments:

  1. I remember when I first started wearing contact lenses. I was not very good at taking them out. It was kind of scary to do a pinching motion on your eye. It sounds worse than it actually is, though. http://www.anewvisioninc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great and a very useful blog for me. I like reading this blog. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    http://deals4opticals.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to use a really sharp and pointy pair of tweezers to do the job. I say "like to", but it's more like "I did" since I now have two glass eyes. I think there may be a correlation? What do you think Wonderlander?....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by! We love reading what you think, and read every comment. Make sure you leave your link so we can check your blog out if you have one! Or come chat on twitter @oxwonderland