HOME ABOUT FAQ SHOP CONTACT HOME

The Bare Essentials




The other day me and my girlfriends were talking about how hard it can be to maintain our appearance etc, and how often should we be getting waxes, hair done etc?

Whether you were born with beauty or not, you have to maintain it. You budget for the up keep of your car and your house, so why cut corners on yourself? So we brainstormed (well we chatted and I thought beauty MOT!) so this is what we came up with, The Bare Essentials Ladies MOT! 





Bikini Line 

Deep breath now! A Brazilian, every 2 - 3 weeks. I advise, (from being a skint uni student, to not shave down here)  


Underarms 

I get mine waxed, and if you do too I advice to wax every 2 - 3 weeks - or shave every other day. You sweat more in summer so there is faster regrowth. I would recommend waxing if you can budget it!

Legs 

Wax every 3 - 4 weeks or shave as required. Go for a half leg in Winter, full leg in Summer. Waxing is much more effective than the razor if you can afford it!

Eyebrows

Get plucked, waxed or threaded whatever suits! (I get mine threaded, if you are unfamiliar with this, it is where twisted cotton is rolled and twisted over the skin to remove the hair from the follicle - be warned it hurts!) I advise once a month (and keep them tidy with tweezers inbetween) 

Facial


The stresses of modern life can cause havoc to your face (well to mine!) so I try once every six weeks to have a facial. People often think it is expensive, but if you stopped buying a three pounds coffee daily, you could afford two in that time! It is great for purifying and detoxing the skin. 
 


Manicure / Pedicure 
 
I try to do this monthly to maintain shape and colour. 
 
Lip Hair 
 
If you have, deal with it. Wax once a month or as necessary. Bleaching I think is pointless, just get rid of it! 
 
I would say these are the no frills essentials. I know a lot of people would be 'oh but that’s so pricey' but if it makes you feel good what’s the harm?  As for not doing it yourself, would you attempt to MOT your own car? No. So why would you let anyone other than a professional work on your body and face? Obviously for holidays and special occasions you might pull things forward, and don't forget hair every 6 - 8 weeks and regular dental appointments, every 6 - 8 months. 

It's not easy being a woman is it!

2 comments:

  1. great post! i am so lazy when it comes to a majority of these things, but totally agree that its nice to pamper yourself.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the facial! Seriously! I'm glad I clicked on your comment on ATLANTIC-PACIFIC's blog and got led back here to yours. It's seriously full of GREAT info and juicy pics here! Just followed you on GFC and bloglovin', be sure to see more of you soon.Btw, you should check out my newest and possibly one of my best editorials/outfits featuring the Rag & Bone Deep V (no cleavage) sweater, CĂ©line S/S14 runway fringe Aztec woven scarf (for Coachella?), and Phillip Lim debatable sandle/loafer/slingbacks!!! Guaranteed to provoke on a very 'ART' level!

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2014/04/graphique.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by! We love reading what you think, and read every comment. Make sure you leave your link so we can check your blog out if you have one! Or come chat on twitter @oxwonderland